Melissa F Said,
January 4th, 2011 @10:29 am

I dont’ think it so much matters. I would make sure to get references before I hired them.

Bev B Said,
January 4th, 2011 @10:45 am

A degree is a degree. That shouldn’t matter. But there’s no way to make up for lack of x years of experience as part of the job requirements.

JM Said,
January 4th, 2011 @11:33 am

It does not matter if the degree was online or traditional as long as the granting university was accredited. However, in the marketing world, the online degree might be a plus since it shows that you are technologically savvy.

2 Happily Married Americans Said,
January 4th, 2011 @11:39 am

As someone who makes a living as a small business marketing consultant, the people who hire me are more interested in experience. If you can show them references from other companies you have worked with, a portfolio of your work, have your degree AND show how you can make them more money by spending less, you will succeed. I have 25 years of small business sales, management and advertising experience, a 2 year degree from a private business college, and have as much work as I can handle, and I work from home. The key is going in and confidently being able to show them how you can make them more money while spending less.

rbbct Said,
January 4th, 2011 @12:16 pm

For me, the most important things is the idea and the action plan from the person/consultant that you want to hired that brings you how to generate more profitable to your organization. A degree for me is only a piece of paper that everbody can own it either thru online or not.

Anthony Said,
January 4th, 2011 @12:45 pm

More than the education, you want to hire a results oriented marketing consultant that can document his or her success in the field. Degrees (whether online or in class) are not a measure of qualification, but rather a measure of persistence and the ability to follow through on a given course – and those are not marketing skills.