Taylor Said,
July 4th, 2010 @3:17 pm

Not Texas!!! umm just so you no^^

Feivel Said,
July 4th, 2010 @4:13 pm

It depends upon the disability. Some states are better than others in some things. Wisconsin used to be great for autism but now is not. Illinois is awful. California has no money. I don’t know about other states but you should contact the national association of whatever disability she has and ask. they can steer you in the right direction.
I think you can also find online what states spend the most on special education in general but again, you need to find out where the money is going. If a lot of it is going to physical needs and she has mental or emotional needs that won’t help.
Start out at the national branch and move down the chain.
That is the only advice I have without more information.

CCC Said,
July 4th, 2010 @4:24 pm

the laws is that http://www.ed.gov and the iep for special are mandatory in every school problem is some school play dumb and never tell anyone. i find my city was pretty good with 3 big disticts. utah, but not all of of utah. is by district not by state. i wold say parts of mass parts of ny parts of minn and parts of az and parts of calif are good. i run an online support group and did my own research. they are also better for providing services minus utah.

for spec ed info go http://www.oser.ed.gov and http://www.nichcy.org

http://www.disabilityinfo.gov too.

Lori Said,
July 4th, 2010 @5:22 pm

I would go for Minnesota esp. Dakota county and school district 196. One school for elementary age that is outstanding is Glacier Hills in Eagan. It has every special needs category covered along with going to Gifted and Talented.
Dakota county is part of the seven county metro area of the Twin Cities. It is very close to several doctors and therapists. Burnsville is becoming a south of the river medical mecca and depending which part of Burnsville you live in you can be in 196 and be bused to Glacier Hills.
Dakota county has outstanding services for its children – social workers, respite, personal care attendants, support groups, etc. I know of several people relocating to Dakota county from around the country for its services and education in 196.

hARrY_619 Said,
July 4th, 2010 @5:38 pm

united kingdom

jdeekdee Said,
July 4th, 2010 @6:10 pm

If you are talking aobut schools, NONE are the best.
ALL schools are suppose to offer the SAME services, no matter what they are, if a child needs it.
Hate to say it, but schools in USA are corrupt with special education.
There are laws that schools must follow to help special ed kids but they dont’, and the reason is becasue there is no enforcement to make schools do right.

MissBehavior Said,
July 4th, 2010 @6:56 pm

This is a hard question to answer unless you have had direct experience working in the state. I believe that California is one of the top special ed states. Oregon is also very good. Washington is good.

Florida is NOT good.

Jerz Said,
July 4th, 2010 @7:41 pm

I think it isn’t just what state but specific areas of the state. I am from NJ and there are many districts that have great special education services but I know some that are terrible. I also agree with some of the other responders…it can very much be dependent on disability. Some are better at serving children with autism while others might be better with those with physical disabilities. Good luck.