Best Answer

Related Post

Spread the word

Digg this post

Bookmark to delicious

Stumble the post

Add to your technorati favourite

Subscribes to this post

5 Comments Already

Roger S Said,
January 11th, 2011 @1:09 am  

I think you need a degree to teach at schools. Also, you need to have stronger grammar skills.

Kari N Said,
January 11th, 2011 @1:34 am  

You need at least a Bachelor’s degree to qualify for a work Visa in Korea.

Love Shepherd Said,
January 11th, 2011 @2:03 am  

Immigration will ask you to provide an original diploma from a BA. Fake ones are available in Thailand for a price, but riskier these days.

v-man Said,
January 11th, 2011 @2:58 am  

Not legally, but it’s possible.

Chachee Said,
January 11th, 2011 @3:10 am  

TOEFL certificate without a degree is basically meaningless here. However, you can still find a teaching job in Korea, but you will not be working legally. Depending on where you are from will determine how long you can geta tourist visa for. I’m Canadian and we get a 6 month stay on a tourist visa. Americans only get 30 days.

If you do decide to come to Korea and work illegally, it is best to keep your hole shut about it. Too many people get caught simply by running off their mouth.

Oh yeah, also expect more hassle from your employer if you are an ilegal worker. You are not protected under any of the labour laws, so your employer could end up ripping you off and there is nothing you can do about it. I am not saying it will happen, but I know a few illegal people who got shafted by their employer.

Leave Your Comments Below

Please Note: All comments will be hand modified by our authors so any unsuitable comments will be removed and you comments will be appreared after approved