Best Answer

Related Post

Spread the word

Digg this post

Bookmark to delicious

Stumble the post

Add to your technorati favourite

Subscribes to this post

2 Comments Already

tlbutler33 Said,
April 3rd, 2011 @2:57 am  

You can be an instructional asst. It pays about $10 hr.

BTW , there is no such thing as an AA in sec ed….

CoachT Said,
April 3rd, 2011 @3:13 am  

‘Secondary Education’ as a major is high school teaching. “Secondary school” is what we call high school in the US. The community college is ‘post-secondary’.

An Associate of Arts in Secondary Education would not be a degree that can lead to a job because secondary education requires a license and that license requires a bachelor’s degree as the minimum requirement.

It’s possible to get an AA in pre-education intended for transfer to a senior college though. You may want to check and see what the official major title of your associates degree is.

There are very few “good paying” jobs that don’t require a bachelor’s degree or specialized training, that’s why so many people get a degree. There are very few “good paying” jobs that are part time. That’s why most of us work full-time.

You will be much better served to concentrate on getting industry experience that relates to your future career so that you can graduate with your bachelor’s degree and have relative work experience immediately.

The real key here though is where you are, what you know, and particulars about your local job market. What works here in Myrtle Beach SC for a decent student job won’t work so well in Lebanon TN. It all depends on where you are and what they need there.

Leave Your Comments Below

Please Note: All comments will be hand modified by our authors so any unsuitable comments will be removed and you comments will be appreared after approved