Best Answer

Related Post

Spread the word

Digg this post

Bookmark to delicious

Stumble the post

Add to your technorati favourite

Subscribes to this post

13 Comments Already

kurtbiewald Said,
November 3rd, 2010 @10:38 pm  

You can take the equivalency test. You have to be 18 though.

Most colleges don’t have the age requirement.

Some will let you in without the HS Diploma if the SAT scores are good.

I had my AS degree before my High School one

happy heathen Said,
November 3rd, 2010 @10:59 pm  

I don’t know of any such groups, but I do know that if this question is any example of your language arts skills, you might want to brush up a bit before you attempt to get a diploma. A diploma or GED has to be issued by a State accredited agency or learning institution to be considered valid, in any event – and yes, people (such as prospective employers) DO check.

BellyRubz Said,
November 3rd, 2010 @11:06 pm  

THROUGH home schooling…and yes, you can

mike c Said,
November 3rd, 2010 @11:33 pm  

‘threw home schooling’??
you made this mistake twice
either you are joking . . .or your still ‘hooked on phonics’
an official high school diploma through home schooling?
take the ACT or SAT, get into a choice university
your acceptance letter is a better certification you ‘graduated’ then any ‘official’ diploma
and if that happens, thank your parents

Willow T Said,
November 4th, 2010 @12:09 am  

You might want to look at North Atlantic Regional High School

It’s not quick, but if you are willing to back track (or if you have kept good records of your HS education) you can receive official HS transcripts as well as a certified diploma.

Goldenrain Said,
November 4th, 2010 @12:45 am  

No, I don’t, I went to public school.

I don’t want to be mean but your writing and grammar suck.

It is spelled “receive” (i before e except after c with the exception of neighbor and weigh) and “threw” is the past tense of throw which means to hurl an object through the air. You should have used “through” in your sentences.

glurpy Said,
November 4th, 2010 @1:32 am  

Don’t buy a diploma! That’s too tacky. How is it “official” if you’re just buying a diploma and they don’t even know what you’ve studied? The companies try to convince you it’s like having an “official” diploma, but it’s a gimic to get your money. The paper isn’t actually worth any more than what your parents (not you) can draw up, except for its ability to fool people that it’s “official”.

As to whether or not your parents can draw up one for you, check with your local requirements. Where I live, only the government can give an official diploma.

Quality Education Said,
November 4th, 2010 @1:46 am  

If you want a diploma it should really come from someone that knows what you have done in the course of your studies. A diploma mill doesn’t give anything that matters. Besides, the main issue is this: Have you done the work? Do you know the material? Can you pass a college placement test?

Where did you read that you can make your own diploma? Why would you do that? Some PARENTS give diplomas to their home-school graduates but I’ve never heard about the student making their own. It probably won’t mean anything to you or to anyone else if you did that anyway. If I were you I would not bother.

Instead of trying to acquire a meaningless piece of paper —— take the college entrance SAT and let your score sheet be your proof of study. Take the ACT too. Get into an AP course or a few of them and do the work and take the test. Another beneficial tool is CLEP. These are the things that will matter to a college. A contrived diploma will mean nothing.

If you were truly homeschooled and someone ELSE has a record of your work, study time, and abilities –THAT person should be the one giving you a document of completion.

erica f Said,
November 4th, 2010 @2:06 am  

I graduated though a home School program. You should check with the program you are going through for Home School. I joined in a graduation ceremony through the school mine was through and received a diploma. Good Luck.

newbiegranny Said,
November 4th, 2010 @2:10 am  

There are a lot of scams out there. You are talking about BUYING a diploma, and that’s the first clue.

Find out if you state allows diplomas from the local high school. They do that in some states if you pass a GED when you finish homeschooling.

You may not need a diploma or GED anyway. What are your plans? College? Technical School? They’ll let you in without it.

Just call and find out what is required for homeschool graduates. You will have to take the SAT or ACT for college, but must only score whatever is required for anyone else.

Even the U.S. military accepts homeschool records to join. There’s a congressional thing that was done some years back that does not allow the military to discriminate against homeschoolers.

Best Wishes,


Gypsy Girl Said,
November 4th, 2010 @2:50 am  

In order to get a high school diploma, you would have to pass thier tests or prove that you had completed work to thier satisfaction. That may be difficult for you since you don’t even know what word to use in your question.

The word is through not threw.

Celia E Said,
November 4th, 2010 @3:01 am  

Clonlara allows homeschooled students to receive a diploma if they’ve completed their specific “home study” program. There are other distance learning schools that will offer a transcript and diploma, but you must complete their classes which can take time.
You can make your own on a computer, but it will be worthless to a future employer or college. Same with buying one from an online source.
Honestly, I’d advise getting a GED instead. Contact the school district you’re in about where they are and when you can take it. Before you graduate you can try taking the PSAT, SAT and ACT if your goal is to go straight to university. However, I’d advise MOST homeschooled students to take a few community college classes first, as it is cheaper, the class sizes are smaler and you don’t have to worry about being accepted. Plus, some places/schools don’t recognize or have a way of recognizing homeschooling classes, so you may end up having to take some highschool level core classes such as math, English, foreign languages, etc.

mollymatchmaker Said,
November 4th, 2010 @3:44 am  

Home schooling should be done through an accredited school. Many of the Christian based home school courses are accredited. I suggest you notify your home school source and see if you qualify for a certificate of diploma. If not, take the GED and continue on with your education. My children are home schooled. My oldest has graduated. He received an accredited diploma with honors and received many scholarship offers to universities and colleges.

Leave Your Comments Below

Please Note: All comments will be hand modified by our authors so any unsuitable comments will be removed and you comments will be appreared after approved