Best Answer

Related Post

Spread the word

Digg this post

Bookmark to delicious

Stumble the post

Add to your technorati favourite

Subscribes to this post

3 Comments Already

Charles Darwin Said,
January 24th, 2011 @3:12 pm  

ur screwed

Belie Said,
January 24th, 2011 @4:03 pm  

I highly doubt you’re going to find a place in China or any modernized country that will allow you to teach without a bachelor’s degree. This is due to the fact that it does not look respectable on the school or the program through which you go to hire someone to teach who has not finished a degree, but also because work visa requirements in many countries require a bachelor’s degree from foreigners.
If you wish to take a year off and teach English, I suggest you look at poorer countries, such as ones in Africa.

ICAL Said,
January 24th, 2011 @4:29 pm  

In general you’ll need a degree (although there are still possibilities if you do not have this) and a TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) certificate to get a visa and work.

You *can* find work in China without a degree but it is slightly harder than if you have a degree. But you will certainly need a TEFL certificate to show employers. This can be taken either in-house or online at your own pace which is a much cheaper option.

Essentially you need to make yourself as employable as possible. You are unlikely to find work through an online advertisement, but you may stand a chance through an agent (whom you should NEVER pay!). However the easiest way is to be in country and contact the schools directly. See the link below for more details on this.

Leave Your Comments Below

Please Note: All comments will be hand modified by our authors so any unsuitable comments will be removed and you comments will be appreared after approved