Best Answer

Related Post

Spread the word

Digg this post

Bookmark to delicious

Stumble the post

Add to your technorati favourite

Subscribes to this post

2 Comments Already

aestatisa Said,
June 18th, 2010 @10:50 am provides information about the program that I think you’re talking about. You’d take out a specific type of loan, work for 5 years, and get $5000 forgiven in this program.

It’s also possible to apply for grants for graduate studies like this. There’s an email address for more information at the bottom of that link, and that organization (ASHA) is probably a very good source for you.

I know that the state of Alaska has a similar program, though you promise years of working in bush towns in exchange for forgiveness.

LadyBug Said,
June 18th, 2010 @11:08 am  

Many graduate programs offer assistantships that can help with paying for your degree. Typical assistantships require that you provide some sort of work for your department, such as teaching some classes or working with a faculty member on research. This usually entails about 20 hours of work a week, but in turn, they’ll provide you with tuition reimbursement and/or a stipend.

For example, when I got my masters in education, I did an assistantship teaching a class twice a week. In return, they paid 80% of my tuition and I got a stipend of $7500/year. My friend is currently receive 100% tuition reimbursement and a stipend for her assistantship and she is doing research with some profressors. Many programs offer assistantships, so make sure look into this when deciding on programs.

Leave Your Comments Below

Please Note: All comments will be hand modified by our authors so any unsuitable comments will be removed and you comments will be appreared after approved