Best Answer

Related Post

Spread the word

Digg this post

Bookmark to delicious

Stumble the post

Add to your technorati favourite

Subscribes to this post

7 Comments Already

Imaka Said,
August 17th, 2010 @7:23 am  

You probably couldn’t work as a social worker, but you should have no difficulty getting a job as a teacher’s aide with your qualifications.

Trish55 Said,
August 17th, 2010 @8:10 am  

You may work as a teacher’s assistant with any 2 year associate’s degree in most Alabama public schools.

banananose_89117 Said,
August 17th, 2010 @9:08 am  

Social work requires at least a BA but most agencies want MS and license. Teacher’s aide usually only require a few extra hours of training and a good job to have.

Working as NA with DD is a good job and gives you experience in the field of health care. Your associates degree opens the door but until you get more formal education, the only plus is the experience you are getting have a job in health care. You may want to look at the County level and see what jobs they have you qualify for, or State. Child protective services usually takes people with AA to work in a Child Haven program, etc.

Good luck!

car_craze_gal 1970 Said,
August 17th, 2010 @9:16 am  

Social worker.. no
substitute teacher… most likely not

son has a Bachelors with majors in Psychology, Sociology and minor in English, Math and is a substitute teacher
he is back in college pursuing his Masters so he can teach in colleges

with his Associate in Liberal Arts.. he delivered pizza

Jen Said,
August 17th, 2010 @9:50 am  

Hi there. You could certainly work as a teacher’s aid, but not a social worker. However, you could probably work as a mental health case manager. Those positions generally do not require a master’s degree.

Good luck!

Doc8 Said,
August 17th, 2010 @9:52 am  

A social worker needs a degree in sociology. Anyone can be a teacher’s aid. Anything less than a doctorate in psychology is useless.

sfnative78 Said,
August 17th, 2010 @10:07 am  

you need a master’s degree to be a Social Worker. in california, it’s an msw. some agencies call aa/ba level employees as “social workers,” but they really are NOT social workers. there is a big difference between an intake worker and a Social Worker.

if you want to get licensed after you receive your master’s degree, check out your state’s accredited schools.

in california, the degree is an msw.

i applaud your desire to enter the helping profession! networking is key, no matter what path you choose. connect with Social Workers and teachers in your area. they can direct you to local professional associations/organizations where you can get a lot more information on those careers as well as possible job leads!

best wishes and good luck studying!

Leave Your Comments Below

Please Note: All comments will be hand modified by our authors so any unsuitable comments will be removed and you comments will be appreared after approved