Best Answer

Related Post

Spread the word

Digg this post

Bookmark to delicious

Stumble the post

Add to your technorati favourite

Subscribes to this post

8 Comments Already

Mr Pinhead, the no spinach zone Said,
July 17th, 2010 @7:36 pm  

AA is ok for officer.

Nikki Said,
July 17th, 2010 @8:11 pm  

I was looking at this last night actually. From what I read you can go in with an associates. Check out the site in the source.

Hellommm Said,
July 17th, 2010 @8:51 pm  

No, you can qualify for OCS, which you need a AA to start. The armed forces who ever you belong will send you to school to finish and become a officer. Its called Green to Gold in the Army.

what ever Said,
July 17th, 2010 @9:40 pm  

i could have with a high school diploma and high score on the test

Mrsjvb Said,
July 17th, 2010 @10:29 pm  

no. 4 year degree Minimum is necessary.

the ONLY program that will take anyone without a Bachelors is the Army High School to Flight School: you can be commissioned as a Warrant to fly Helicopters. oh, and Guard will commission you with only 90 credits but you MUST compelte bachelors within a certain time frame( 3 years) and

all of the fields you mention not only require the bachelors they also require Post Grad degrees as well..

oif_vet_82 Said,
July 17th, 2010 @11:05 pm  

I can only speak for the army but i believe all services are the same. The army requires a 4 year degree (bachelors) in order to become an officer in any branch ie army medical or air force scientist etc. You can become a warrant officer with a 2 year degree i believe. a warrant officer is a specialist in a branch similar to enlisted but more specialized.

CeciliaM Said,
July 17th, 2010 @11:54 pm  

Understand that by the time it comes to offer you a Commission, you MUST have your Bachelor’s Degree in hand. A Bachelor’s IS an undergraduate degree. This is NOT waiverable.

There are programs that will facilitate you getting your Bachelors as an enlisted Soldier (Green to Gold) or if you are a qualified undergraduate student(ROTC). But the Commission itself is contingent upon the Bachelor’s having already been earned. Not in the process of earning.

EDIT: Yggdrasil…way to go with providing so much more detailed info today. I guess I’m slackin with my answers by comparison LOL

KTC Said,
July 18th, 2010 @12:00 am  

No; it has to be a 4 yr degree. And for specialized jobs like a dentist and lawyer, you MUST have your degree AND have a license to practice.

Leave Your Comments Below

Please Note: All comments will be hand modified by our authors so any unsuitable comments will be removed and you comments will be appreared after approved