Best Answer

Related Post

Spread the word

Digg this post

Bookmark to delicious

Stumble the post

Add to your technorati favourite

Subscribes to this post

2 Comments Already

stormibays Said,
February 19th, 2011 @2:23 pm  

It will depend on each state the specific qualifications/trainings/endorsements you will need. I know for sure that you will need a teaching certificate to teach in a public school. However if you plan on teaching in say… Washington state, you need a WA state teaching certificate. Not all certificates carry over – in fact most don’t. So if teachers move states, it is an ordeal to get recertified.

If you want to teach anywhere and everywhere while also getting paid more, you could get your National Board Certification. Mind you this is very very diffiuclt and expensive (some districts will pay for this only if you have been with them for a bit).

Mister J Said,
February 19th, 2011 @2:35 pm  

Each state has its own unique requirements–although they are similar but just not the same. So, you should contact the department of education in the state that you want to teach in. Here in the U.S., educators generally take education coursework right along with the coursework of the discipline that they want to teach, so the process is different than in the U.K.

Leave Your Comments Below

Please Note: All comments will be hand modified by our authors so any unsuitable comments will be removed and you comments will be appreared after approved